We have introduced Topic Prefixes into the Classified Sections. When posting an item into any of these areas, you will notice an additional field at the top of the posting box. Please select one of the options when posting. We also request that sellers come back and edit their post once item is sold using the same field to indicate that the item is no longer available. (Click on the X in top right corner of this box to dismiss this announcement)

FPV flight

Our fun RC record attempts.

Moderator: Moderators

Blackrat
Take off Clearance
Closest Airfield: the one with the runway
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

FPV flight

Unread post by Blackrat »

For the FPV guys ...

how far have you flown and whats your setup ?
Wayne01
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: virginia

Re: FPV flight

Unread post by Wayne01 »

The horizon and beyond, trex 600 flybar, nitro, first stages of arducopter autopilot development, I suspect it was heading back to china where its last home point was recorded, never to be seen again. Its a sad feeling driving home with a crashed heli, try with an empty boot.
cabeng
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Closest Airfield: Rotorua -NZRO

Unread post by cabeng »

bumjive01 wrote:The horizon and beyond, trex 600 flybar, nitro, first stages of arducopter autopilot development, I suspect it was heading back to china where its last home point was recorded, never to be seen again. Its a sad feeling driving home with a crashed heli, try with an empty boot.
:lol: :lol: :lol: , Im sorry, but that is one of the funniest things ive read in a while , Sorry for you , but still funny ! :lol:
Clearly Weekends are made in china . They simply dont last !
Wayne01
Frequent AvComer

Unread post by Wayne01 »

Everyone seems to have gone a bit quiet on this topic so I will break the Ice, my furthest is a few kms, technically it wont qualify as fpv because it was a mapping flight under gps guidance, although aerie is equipped with fpv equipment its only a fail safe, furthest distance with no autopilot is about 1 km. Live feed was skewar, cloverleaf and boscam,
foxbat
Argument with Heli Pilot.

Unread post by foxbat »

You're all aware it's a legal requirement to fly within visual range of your a/c?
Yes, No, Maybe, I don't Know, Can you repeat the question?
Eagles may soar, but weasles don't get sucked in jet engines!
Wayne01
Frequent AvComer

Unread post by Wayne01 »

Not necessarily, but there are special permissions you need to get, If you live in the city you got no chance of approval. Fortunately I work mainly on farms in rural areas.
turboprop101
Take off Clearance
Closest Airfield: FASK
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by turboprop101 »

bumjive01 wrote:The horizon and beyond, trex 600 flybar, nitro, first stages of arducopter autopilot development, I suspect it was heading back to china where its last home point was recorded, never to be seen again. Its a sad feeling driving home with a crashed heli, try with an empty boot.
Ha Ha Ha the same happened to me. Took off got caught in a bit of a gust flicked to autopilot to re-orientate and stabalised and the thing just left....... also gone for good. Nothing to pick up or salvage , just gone......... geez now i am depressed
Good judgment comes from experience, and experience....... Well, that comes from bad judgment.
DIJAN12
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: OR THAMBO

Unread post by DIJAN12 »

:)
Wayne01
Frequent AvComer

Unread post by Wayne01 »

Dijan, glad you appreciate these guys accomplishments like I do. Full size has always alluded me but fpv is as close as you can get.

Return to “Our Record Attempts”