We have introduced Topic Prefixes into the Classified Sections. When posting an item into any of these areas, you will notice an additional field at the top of the posting box. Please select one of the options when posting. We also request that sellers come back and edit their post once item is sold using the same field to indicate that the item is no longer available. (Click on the X in top right corner of this box to dismiss this announcement)

ZU-UFI

The Fly Baby is a single-seat, open cockpit, folding-wing monoplane powered by engines ranging from 65 to 100 HP

Moderator: Moderators

stefan
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: FARA

ZU-UFI

Unread post by stefan »

UFI Flies again. After 2 years of gathering dust in a hangar I got to Test Fly UFI today. 8) 8) 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jan
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: MOSSELBAAI

Re: ZU-UFI

Unread post by Jan »

Well done =D> =D> =D>
Flying is about discipline!
AP325
stefan
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: FARA

Unread post by stefan »

Thanks Jan,
I did another 0.7 this afternoon. wind was 8-10kt x and the plane handled it OK. We are starting to trust each other now..... :roll: You have to grease the landings as there is no suspension. Puts the fun back into the Tailwheel flying again. Loving it. Total time now just over 2 hours. =D>
DavidWills
Wanna Fly
Closest Airfield: Virginia
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by DavidWills »

Great to see UFI is still flying!
My dad (Tony Wills) passed away last year in May at the age of 89 and I so regret not taking him up to the Jhb area to visit our 'baby'.
I definitely must make an effort to see UFI again as I grew up with her, logged ~ 200hrs on her and got to know her like the back of my hand.
It will be great to get your contact details.
Bets Regards
Dave Wills
Pete
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAKR

Unread post by Pete »

Dave, fantastic to see you on Avcom!
Remember this pic :D

Cheers
Pete Lastrucci
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bowers Flybaby”