We have introduced Topic Prefixes into the Classified Sections. When posting an item into any of these areas, you will notice an additional field at the top of the posting box. Please select one of the options when posting. We also request that sellers come back and edit their post once item is sold using the same field to indicate that the item is no longer available. (Click on the X in top right corner of this box to dismiss this announcement)

Preserving an Engine

The Jabiru Engine which is used in many other aircraft.

Moderator: Moderators

checkride
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: Morning Star
Has thanked: 0

Preserving an Engine

Unread post by checkride »

Gents,

My engine arrived today. I need to know how best to preserve this motor internally. Its not going to be started for at least a year or until the Kit is complete. I still need to be able to work on the engine. I will not need to turn the motor over......How do the pros do this....
Swampdonkey
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand

Re: Preserving an Engine

Unread post by Swampdonkey »

There's a section on "long term storage" in the Jabi Manuals that covers all the salient points.
"Excuse me while I kiss the sky!" ---Jimi---1967-
checkride
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: Morning Star
Has thanked: 0

Re: Preserving an Engine

Unread post by checkride »

[quote="FATBOY"]There's a section on "long term storage" in the Jabi Manuals that covers all the salient points.[/quote]

Yea only issue it doesn't tell you what product to use go figure anyway sorted. denzo tape, coreless products motor can now stand.

Return to “Jabiru Engines”