Has liked: 0
Been liked: 19 times

Re: First ever "black hole" image!

Unread post by vanjast » Wed May 01, 2019 1:32 am

Darren wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:36 pm
skytrooper wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:34 pm
From what i can recall reading, nothing will happen, only once you enter the EH will you become doomed.
Exactly! Mass is mass: The gravitational forces from the sun or a black hole with the sun's mass are the same.
Bollocks.. this is all but theory... you know what that means = This is what I think is reality
Even the Higgs researchers will categorically say... 'we're not sure'
Any decent Physics researcher would never claim anything definite...
This black hole claim is really a joke on humanity... but humanity has a long way to go :lol:
Darren
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: FAOR
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

Unread post by Darren » Wed May 01, 2019 2:54 pm

vanjast wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 1:32 am
Bollocks.. this is all but theory... you know what that means = This is what I think is reality
Even the Higgs researchers will categorically say... 'we're not sure'
Any decent Physics researcher would never claim anything definite...
This black hole claim is really a joke on humanity... but humanity has a long way to go :lol:
I'll admit, this is the first time I've heard anyone claim that gravitational physics at the macro scale are unknown. The exact nature of mass, sure. What the Higgs actually does? Absolutely. That's all cutting edge stuff. But macro-level gravity is so well understood & modelled in terms of this scenario that I struggle to see which part of it you can claim isn't known.

We've sent men to the moon and robots out of the solar system based on that modelling of gravity and mass. It's not just theory.
vanjast
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: 200
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 19 times

Unread post by vanjast » Sat May 04, 2019 1:48 am

Darren wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 2:54 pm
I'll admit, this is the first time I've heard anyone claim that gravitational physics at the macro scale are unknown.
But macro-level gravity is so well understood & modelled in terms of this scenario that I struggle to see which part of it you can claim isn't known.
The basis of my 'argument' is that we have no real understanding of 'matter', and what we might observe to be our truth might not be so elsewhere, or even here for that matter.
There are many arguments challenging Newtons 3 laws with convincing ideas... it's just a matter of time :wink:
Besides that.. the Black Hole distances involved and the many 'unknown' influences on the data acquired, easily puts it into the category of 'possible'.
We've sent men to the moon ...
Afraid not.... or they didn't come back alive, or there are still skeletons in 'spacesuits' lying amongst the moon wreckage...
and robots out of the solar system based on that modelling of gravity and mass. It's not just theory.
We rely on NASA and JPL for that exclusive info :shock: , same with the moon stuff.
It's like watching SpaceXs 'on que' Happy Clapper Club

Not to say it didn't happen.. but when a media frenzy accompanies the 'achievement'... I take this as a no-go until proven otherwise beyond reasonable doubt

A nice example of just a great down to earth, exploration project... You can see the difference :twisted:
C Africa
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: Wonderboom
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by C Africa » Sat May 04, 2019 7:31 pm

Wow, they walk among us!!!

About 40 years ago, the BBC did an April Fool's spoof where they did a "documentary" to prove that the moon landings never happened. They faked footage and even got the astronauts to play along and give some ambiguous answers to questions that made it look as if they wanted to deny that it happened but weren't allowed to.

The April fools joke was a huge success. The bigger joke is that based on that spoof a whole movement began to claim that the moon landings never happened, and invariably as proof they will post snips from that April Fools joke video. And can you believe it, even today some people are still fooled by the original April Fool's joke!!!!

C

Return to “123.45”