CemAir to resume ops

Discussions pertaining to Airline operations,safety and training for Flight Deck Crew. Open to anyone who would like to learn all aspects of the Airline industry from a pilots perspective.

Moderator: Moderators

tansg
Airborne from Unmanned field
Closest Airfield: OMAA

Re: CemAir to resume ops

Unread post by tansg »

marius scheepers wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:24 pm I see quite a few people here complaining not receiving refund, very very valid to be extremely peeved!

Here is a local airline that against all odds, made it back into the skies again!

Yeah you lost out on your original flights, but why not take them up on their offer of booking a new flight, thus you still get your money's worth.

But I guess its easier just sitting behind the screen and typing away complaining. [-(

PS - I do not know anyone at Cemair, so take the above as you want!
Nope unrefunded tickets equates to theft. Simple.
These users thanked the author tansg for the post (total 2):
Slickjvdl
RiNCEw1ND
Steep Turn Right
Closest Airfield: OR Tambo International

Unread post by RiNCEw1ND »

marius scheepers wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:24 pm I see quite a few people here complaining not receiving refund, very very valid to be extremely peeved!

Here is a local airline that against all odds, made it back into the skies again!

Yeah you lost out on your original flights, but why not take them up on their offer of booking a new flight, thus you still get your money's worth.

But I guess its easier just sitting behind the screen and typing away complaining. [-(

What?

Would you be happy to pay for goods and never receive them? What about going to a restatraunt, paying for your food but never receiving your order? This is exactly the same thing. It's ludicrous that CemAir have not refunded the people who have asked for it.

Why should the customer book another flight when perhaps they don't need another flight anymore? Just go on a round trip for fun?

The airline should be held accountable for this. Plain and simple.
These users thanked the author RiNCEw1ND for the post:
love2fly
marius scheepers
Radio Call
Closest Airfield: EGNX

Unread post by marius scheepers »

RiNCEw1ND wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:24 am

What?

Would you be happy to pay for goods and never receive them? What about going to a restatraunt, paying for your food but never receiving your order? This is exactly the same thing. It's ludicrous that CemAir have not refunded the people who have asked for it.

Why should the customer book another flight when perhaps they don't need another flight anymore? Just go on a round trip for fun?

Do you know that in fact you are paying for goods and services you are NOT getting, being a SA Taxpayer you fund the likes of SAA, Mango and SA Express, so how many free trips are you getting for your tax bucks, let me take a guess, nothing!

To answer some of the above comments, yeah I would be peeved as hell, if I should have had a ticket to fly and then not get a refund, that is not my point, even though you didnt get refund as yet, at least they are willing to book you on a new flight.

Just a quick question, and I really dont know the answer to this one, was anyone refunded for their tickets when VelvetSky folded?
jvdl
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: FABL

Unread post by jvdl »

marius scheepers wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:12 am Do you know that in fact you are paying for goods and services you are NOT getting, being a SA Taxpayer you fund the likes of SAA, Mango and SA Express, so how many free trips are you getting for your tax bucks, let me take a guess, nothing!
I am obliged by law to pay tax, regardless of whether I agree with its redirection.

It is not my responsibility to keep private, for-profit companies afloat just because they're "an alternative". We do not owe for-profit companies anything.
~ Jan van der Linde
NKruger
Lining Up
Closest Airfield: Wonderboom

Unread post by NKruger »

I have a technical question here.

One obviously has the option to reverse a credit card transaction with your bank where the transaction turned out to be suspect. Doesn't the bank then flag the vendor in question as "in bad standing" or something? Say I paid for my CemAir tickets with my credit card and went through the rigmarole of having the transaction reversed (which is only done after a bank fraud unit investigation into the merchant?) and now they are operating again...would the bank not block that merchant from any future transactions from my side?
Falafel
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: FALA_LCY

Unread post by Falafel »

Beating the dead horse here... perhaps Cemair need to deal with this PR issue, which AFAIK they have yet to do... honestly offering a ticket in exchange doesnt cut it... they need to go the extra mile and NOT do the minimum minus some...

Whether they like it or not, these are the feelings of their customers, right or wrong thats how they feel, so either the company must deal with it or accept that these customers (who did buy from them before), will not be buying again...
marius scheepers
Radio Call
Closest Airfield: EGNX

Unread post by marius scheepers »

Falafel wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:31 am Beating the dead horse here... perhaps Cemair need to deal with this PR issue, which AFAIK they have yet to do... honestly offering a ticket in exchange doesnt cut it... they need to go the extra mile and NOT do the minimum minus some...

Whether they like it or not, these are the feelings of their customers, right or wrong thats how they feel, so either the company must deal with it or accept that these customers (who did buy from them before), will not be buying again...
Beating a dead horse yeah.... my horse is still running the 1999 Rothman's July Handicap :D

I agree with you regarding their PR department, alot more could have been done on this level, pretty sure this would become a future case study in marketing.

Just throwing it out to the wolves, maybe they had to decide between refunding their customers or taking the fight to the CAA, and then when back flying re-imbursing their customers in some way or another.

Well, they are back in the air now, so the proverbial ball is in their court on how to deal with the negative publicity, how to turn it around, will watch that with interest.
RiNCEw1ND
Steep Turn Right
Closest Airfield: OR Tambo International

Unread post by RiNCEw1ND »

marius scheepers wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:12 am
RiNCEw1ND wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:24 am

What?

Do you know that in fact you are paying for goods and services you are NOT getting, being a SA Taxpayer you fund the likes of SAA, Mango and SA Express, so how many free trips are you getting for your tax bucks, let me take a guess, nothing!

To answer some of the above comments, yeah I would be peeved as hell, if I should have had a ticket to fly and then not get a refund, that is not my point, even though you didnt get refund as yet, at least they are willing to book you on a new flight.

Just a quick question, and I really dont know the answer to this one, was anyone refunded for their tickets when VelvetSky folded?
The bottom line is the reason for needing the ticket has come and gone. If I have literally no use for another ticket what is the point? If I don't need a new ticket I don't need it.

But I am expected to be thankful for the fact that they're willing to book me on a new flight?

No.

Your reasoning is flawed. To remain a law abiding citizen I have no choice but to pay my tax. What happens to it is largely out of my control bar subscribing to the likes of OUTA and casting my vote in the elections.

I will not be grateful for using my hard earned money as a donation to keep any business afloat. That's not my concern.

Sorry.
excolonial
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: komani

Unread post by excolonial »

It is surely a question of intent? If you think these guys took your money in bad faith or enriched themselves at your expense, then of course it is right that you should damn them with every spare breath. I think people in SA tend to be a little too hard nosed about this sort of thing sometimes. It seems to me they did their best to provide a service that was needed and fell short on some Admin issues. Whether they were rightly or wrongly grounded should also be taken into consideration in my opinion.

The choice is simple for them I expect, pay all the outstandings, sack everyone and close the doors, or do their best to make amends over time as cashflow improves.

Rather like the Thomas Cook affair here. It was not a simple case of greed/incompetence, there were some fairly unscrupulous characters who made a pretty penny out of their demise.

I have been stiffed out of tickets over dubious technicalities , overcharged for luggage, billed by stealth, and generally treated poorly by many large "decent" airlines. I do my best not to fly these airlines unless their is absolutely no other choice.

I was told I had to give up my expensive seat for a VIP, I told said VIP to gaan kak, he was huffing and puffing like a locomotive when I strolled onto the plane. It is a funny old world sometimes.
These users thanked the author excolonial for the post (total 2):
Mousermarius scheepers
The older I get, the more I am convinced that "A Confederacy of Dunces" is non fiction.
Falafel
Frequent AvComer

Unread post by Falafel »

APPARENTLY this is the clients email to Cemair (taken from LinkedIn so cant verify):
0 (1).jpg
Now posted on LinkedIn by a disgruntled customer.....
After struggling for 11 months to get a refund from #cemair from my retired mom’s Christmas 2018 flight, I escalate to the CEO’s office. Managed to get a refund but no apology, no empathy, no acknowledgement. And here is the letter I received back from Miles van der Molen
0.jpg
Really dont understand the lack of any PR activity from Cemair... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Falafel on Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
markus_m2
1k poster
1k poster

Unread post by markus_m2 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: #-o

Speechless...
Last edited by markus_m2 on Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
V5 - LEO
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Closest Airfield: FYWH

Unread post by V5 - LEO »

...not true the pieces from Linkelden I heard - take note, heard!
In God I trust. The masses are never right, the minority are sometimes right, but the truth is always right.
“One good teacher in a lifetime may sometimes change a delinquent into a solid citizen.” — Philip Wylie
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Closest Airfield: FACT

Unread post by Eddie Haynes-Smart »

Falafel wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:50 pm APPARENTLY this is the clients email to Cemair (taken from LinkedIn so cant verify): 0 (1).jpg
Own goal Cemair... why oh why would you do this... now posted on LinkedIn by a disgruntled customer.....
After struggling for 11 months to get a refund from #cemair from my retired mom’s Christmas 2018 flight, I escalate to the CEO’s office. Managed to get a refund but no apology, no empathy, no acknowledgement. And here is the letter I received back from Miles van der Molen
0.jpg Really dont understand the lack of any PR activity from Cemair... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:shock: Falafel, that email exchange can't be right. It really can't. It's just not possible! I mean it couldn't have happened! :shock:
Miura 30', Roast Beef, Simon's Town, Cape Town
Falafel
Frequent AvComer

Unread post by Falafel »

Jack Welles wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:18 pm
Falafel wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:50 pm APPARENTLY this is the clients email to Cemair (taken from LinkedIn so cant verify): 0 (1).jpg
Own goal Cemair... why oh why would you do this... now posted on LinkedIn by a disgruntled customer.....
0.jpg Really dont understand the lack of any PR activity from Cemair... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:shock: Falafel, that email exchange can't be right. It really can't. It's just not possible! I mean it couldn't have happened! :shock:
Honestly I put "cant verify" because frankly speaking not only can I not verify that it did or didnt happen, and I cannot imagine someone would put that response to a customer in writing... I doubt someone would send that to a customer and agree it cant be true, but an alleged customer is saying that it did happen... LinkedIn posters seem to think its true... I cannot imagine it to be true, but provides more of an urgency to get a PR team to kick in here...
springbok
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: Lanseria
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by springbok »

The person addressed in the mail, Ica, has posted it on her facebook page as well.

https://www.facebook.com/733207410/post ... 714817411/

Return to “Airline Chatter”