CemAir to resume ops

Discussions pertaining to Airline operations,safety and training for Flight Deck Crew. Open to anyone who would like to learn all aspects of the Airline industry from a pilots perspective.

Moderator: Moderators

marius scheepers
Radio Call
Closest Airfield: EGNX

Re: CemAir to resume ops

Unread post by marius scheepers »

marius scheepers wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:08 pm
Falafel wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:31 am Beating the dead horse here... perhaps Cemair need to deal with this PR issue, which AFAIK they have yet to do... honestly offering a ticket in exchange doesnt cut it... they need to go the extra mile and NOT do the minimum minus some...

Whether they like it or not, these are the feelings of their customers, right or wrong thats how they feel, so either the company must deal with it or accept that these customers (who did buy from them before), will not be buying again...
Beating a dead horse yeah.... my horse is still running the 1999 Rothman's July Handicap :D

I agree with you regarding their PR department, alot more could have been done on this level, pretty sure this would become a future case study in marketing.

Just throwing it out to the wolves, maybe they had to decide between refunding their customers or taking the fight to the CAA, and then when back flying re-imbursing their customers in some way or another.

Well, they are back in the air now, so the proverbial ball is in their court on how to deal with the negative publicity, how to turn it around, will watch that with interest.
Qouting myself, but if the correspondence from Cemair turns out to be true, then they really deserve what comes their way. My opinion of Cemair is shattered! :shock:

Oh and if Miles sees this post, you can just ban me from stepping onto your aircraft in the future as well (see my Avatar for my name)
V5 - LEO
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Closest Airfield: FYWH

Unread post by V5 - LEO »

...I see the reply has been CC'd to 2 other persons as well, a Monique and another, sure they can vouch for the correct wording on their mails?? :?:
In God I trust. The masses are never right, the minority are sometimes right, but the truth is always right.
“One good teacher in a lifetime may sometimes change a delinquent into a solid citizen.” — Philip Wylie
Burner
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Closest Airfield: LIMB

Unread post by Burner »

If the reply from Miles turns out to be true, it's hard to defend... however, I'd be interested to see the entire email chain, not just the only the last one from Ica.

Whilst it is admirable that smaller companys senior management take the time to directly get involved in disputes from the public, it can backfire. Often whilst a generic impersonal reply from PR or customer services can be frustrating, it does remove the human element, where let's face it, we all have frustrating days.

I see Miles himself flew the first flight back to Margate, so the man is clearly very busy doing all he can to get Cemair going again.
MilesvdM
Left Base (unmanned)
Closest Airfield: FAOR

Unread post by MilesvdM »

A customers inconvenience does not convey the right for them to abuse our staff. Equally the approach of ‘taking to social media’ and insulting people and organisations at a whim is not acceptable. Whilst it is regrettable that some passengers have experienced a delay in receiving a refund there is no reason why this can’t be dealt with in a civil manner, as is the approach with the vast majority of people.

In this matter, Ms van Eeden was refunded and replied to within 19 minutes of sending the request to me, an extremely fast response. She was informed by way of a bank generated proof of payment. However Ms van Eeden apparently wanted more than this and the correspondence kept coming. As the matter had been resolved there was indeed nothing more to be done I chose to put an end to the abuse. I note she chose not to share her correspondence but rather only my rather benign response. This is in itself quite telling.

We respect Ms van Eeden's choice not to make use of our services in the future, we do not seek to do business with people who cannot conduct themselves in an appropriate manner. This philosophy is universally applied.

Some people seem to think if the spend R1400 on a commuter airline fare that they somehow gives them a license to act in any manner they see fit. This is particularly prevelant on the Plett sector. For the likes of Ica van Eeden and those who support her level of conduct, we would be pleased if they made another choice.
These users thanked the author MilesvdM for the post (total 3):
ChuckpaulwJolley Roger
JoeMat
Aircraft in Hangar
Closest Airfield: Brussels Belgium

Unread post by JoeMat »

I think maybe check the load factors before this endless pontificating about PR good and bad. See which way the actual customers are voting.

I keep thinking I have tinnitus again, but it's not that, the persistent whine is coming from somewhere else. Where could it be?
travelmanafrica
Avionics Master On
Closest Airfield: Cape Town International

Unread post by travelmanafrica »

There is sarcasm and then there is sarcasm Miles way.

He suggests that we should read the full transcript of the emails to put his response into context.

WTF?!? His response lowers him, and by default, his organization to the same level as the people he is complaining about.

The difference is he should know better.
Ugly Duckling
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: Brakpan Benoni FABB

Unread post by Ugly Duckling »

Paul Sabatier
Long time Cygnet builder
The object is to fly, it does not matter what the object is!
HJK 414
8000 Tousand
8000 Tousand
Closest Airfield: moon

Unread post by HJK 414 »

MilesvdM wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:47 pm ……...
Some people seem to think if the spend R1400 on a commuter airline fare that they somehow gives them a license to act in any manner they see fit. This is particularly prevelant on the Plett sector. For the likes of Ica van Eeden and those who support her level of conduct, we would be pleased if they made another choice.

Miles,

There are a lot of people on Avcom that were standing by you when you were "targeted" by the SACAA. (and were criticised for doing so)
However - the tone and intonation of your reply to the customer (as posted earlier on this thread) is beneath every possible standard for anyone representing a company. Your position in the business should never be tarnished by such conduct ……. [-X

Bad news travels far and wide - and lowering yourself to this level is simply amazing.
Perhaps you need to re-think whether this is the way to go...….

Safe skies ….

JK
MilesvdM
Left Base (unmanned)
Closest Airfield: FAOR

Unread post by MilesvdM »

For Avcom participants who have outstanding claims, if you provide details I will do what I can to assist.
These users thanked the author MilesvdM for the post:
Ugly Duckling
jvdl
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: FABL

Unread post by jvdl »

That is a really bad way to respond to an unhappy customer who had to wait 11 months for her refund.
~ Jan van der Linde
NKruger
Lining Up
Closest Airfield: Wonderboom

Unread post by NKruger »

Let me get this straight.

Ms van Eeden gets edgy because her retired mom was owed money for almost a year probably with (considering the hundreds of similar complaints across cyberspace) non-existent feedback or customer support from the company. After having to escalate the issue (which, in itself is telling of a terribly poor PR operation) her frustrations and limited patience with an already unacceptable situation is met with this response by the CEO. The Grootbaas.

I'm sorry, there can be no justification.
V5 - LEO
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Closest Airfield: FYWH

Unread post by V5 - LEO »

...let me be clear, I have no bone to pick or stake in any of this going on - so allow me to play devils advocate?

For the past 6 years Eskom is screwing the whole country to the extend that a lot of industries had to close, economy is stuffed and a few even committed suicide. Same goes for SARS and payment of Vat and Tax returns - BUT because it is government and hard to handle if not by an Agriforum or sorts off, we go on social media and to our hearts content clear our throats till we feel better, while they meanwhile gives you the proverbial finger with their silence and continue their shitty service. Those that can make arrangements for an alternate source of power for their convenience and or existance.

On the other hand Darren - here is an airline shut down by no fault of their own, having to focus on a multitude of priorities to get back in the air to the benefit of their customers and of course themselves, and they dropped the ball on one of these focal points, customer service - while jumping through hoops from CAA.
Miles himself intervened and sorted out this particular issue, not to the liking of the complainant though, he then made a judgement call to tell her straight that her (and people with the same train of thought) is welcome to use another airline, please!

Now in a perfect world, the defaulter would be apologetic, but this is not a perfect world, this is a democracy [a broken one but still] and both sides has a voice and people need to hear it sometimes to shut up and man up, play the cards you are dealt with and accept the olive branch. The hardest thing ever is to put a customer in place and I know it is not nice to hear, but the biggest whiners is also the sorest of losers, even if redemption is 11 months later, hell what do you expect, lifelong free flights.

The pax, at the end of the day, will vote with their wallets, and knowing that kind of pax, they will be back because the price on that ticket is like catnip.

To conclude - I propably could just have said that we sometimes do not like the answer we get, right or wrong 8)
These users thanked the author V5 - LEO for the post (total 2):
Mouserpaulw
In God I trust. The masses are never right, the minority are sometimes right, but the truth is always right.
“One good teacher in a lifetime may sometimes change a delinquent into a solid citizen.” — Philip Wylie
Ugly Duckling
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: Brakpan Benoni FABB

Unread post by Ugly Duckling »

The customer in question is quite a high powered customer relations boffin.
May be worthwhile harnessing her skills to right the PR issues.
https://www2.deloitte.com/za/en/profile ... eeden.html
Paul Sabatier
Long time Cygnet builder
The object is to fly, it does not matter what the object is!
paulw
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Closest Airfield: Kitty Hawk

Unread post by paulw »

Ugly Duckling wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:48 pm The customer in question is quite a high powered customer relations boffin.
:? Not so sure if she is the right person if she post a private email on social media like she did. Could even backfire on her and Deloitte.

If she was good with PR, maybe she could have made her position known to Miles privately and offered the company services?
.4 more years -soon
Don't believe what I post, research what I post
“We can only spread our knowledge outwards from individual to individual, generation after generation. In the face of the Thought Police, there is no other way.” George Orwell, 1984
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Closest Airfield: FACT

Unread post by Eddie Haynes-Smart »

paulw wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:31 am
Ugly Duckling wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:48 pm The customer in question is quite a high powered customer relations boffin.
:? Not so sure if she is the right person if she post a private email on social media like she did. Could even backfire on her and Deloitte.
If she was good with PR, maybe she could have made her position known to Miles privately and offered the company services?
Not sure if Deloittes folk go touting for work? :?
These users thanked the author Eddie Haynes-Smart for the post:
Capt. Kyle
Miura 30', Roast Beef, Simon's Town, Cape Town

Return to “Airline Chatter”