Decommissioned Runway Listing

Information regarding aviation friendly destinations and airfields.

Moderator: Moderators

wingover 2
Aircraft in Hangar
Closest Airfield: INIBOS
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Decommissioned Runway Listing

Unread post by wingover 2 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:08 pm

Hi Fellow Aviators

While we are all getting frustrated with this lock down and not able to fly. I am sorting out my Runway database on 2 of my GPS programs I am using. The first one is Vantage Point for my Magellan GPS and the second one is for my Air Nav Pro.What I have been doing is adding new ones and marking no longer existing, unsafe or dangerous Runways that are still listed on my programs, as Decommissioned using Google Earth to check out the overall condition as best I can and talking to local residents/pilots. What I have realized is that there are a lot of Municipal ones like Ventersdorp, Koster, Heilbron, Hibberdene, Belfast, Nylstroom ect. and others, on private lodges like Lakeside at Vygeboom Dam, Kunkuru near Rooiberg, Rooiberg itself, Sterkfontein Dam, Wood 1, Swartspruit, Liefling just to name a few. Is there a list that we can tap into or easily update? During this Lock Down a lot of Runways will not be maintained and it would be important to know which ones are still safe to land and to leave one's Aircraft at, once Lock Down gets lifted for G.A.
ZU-ATE Windlass 503
ZU-CHG Aquilla 582
ZU-BAJ Bushbaby

Return to “Destinations”