We have introduced Topic Prefixes into the Classified Sections. When posting an item into any of these areas, you will notice an additional field at the top of the posting box. Please select one of the options when posting. We also request that sellers come back and edit their post once item is sold using the same field to indicate that the item is no longer available. (Click on the X in top right corner of this box to dismiss this announcement)

EAA at airshows

Experimental Aircraft Association of South Africa aims to assist its members with building, flying, and restoring non-type certified aircraft.
Dave Holmes
Aircraft in Hangar
Closest Airfield: Rand Airport
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

EAA at airshows

Unread post by Dave Holmes »

I have asked this question before, and received a reply which I find very difficult to accept, albeit that I do understand that EAA cannot ignore the rules.
I am going to the Parys Airshow next weekend, and always feel that the thing I would most like to see is the inclusion of EAA homebuilt aircraft.

The CAA decision to disallow the mixture of homebuilts and regular aircraft is I suppose understandable.

But could EAA aircraft, based at a remote airfield, not at least do a flypast at say one minute intervals, enough time to give the commentator just to introduce each type as it flies past? This could coincide with regular aircraft being temporarily grounded during the tightly scheduled flypast.

Of course any decision would come too late for the Parys air show, but could consideration not be given to an application along those lines to the CAA at the next open door possibility?

If only I could see a Pietenpol Aircamper flypast, or a Flybaby, or any Vans or RV models and all the others too

Please give this a try

Regards Dave Holmes 083 253 2194
Pete
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAKR

Re: EAA at airshows

Unread post by Pete »

Dave Holmes wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 3:24 pm I have asked this question before, and received a reply which I find very difficult to accept, albeit that I do understand that EAA cannot ignore the rules.
I am going to the Parys Airshow next weekend, and always feel that the thing I would most like to see is the inclusion of EAA homebuilt aircraft.

The CAA decision to disallow the mixture of homebuilts and regular aircraft is I suppose understandable
But could EAA aircraft, based at a remote airfield, not at least do a flypast at say one minute intervals, enough time to give the commentator just to introduce each type as it flies past? This could coincide with regular aircraft being temporarily grounded during the tightly scheduled flypast.

Of course any decision would come too late for the Parys air show, but could consideration not be given to an application along those lines to the CAA at the next open door possibility?

If only I could see a Pietenpol Aircamper flypast, or a Flybaby, or any Vans or RV models and all the others too

Please give this a try

Regards Dave Holmes 083 253 2194
If this truly is the case I think it is preposterous.
Can you point us to some evidence of this or is it just hearsay?

Return to “EAA of South Africa”