Schedule changes and additions

Discussions pertaining to Airline operations,safety and training for Flight Deck Crew. Open to anyone who would like to learn all aspects of the Airline industry from a pilots perspective.

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
HJK 414
8000 Tousand
8000 Tousand
Posts: 8387
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:34 pm
Closest Airfield: ALC
Location: in the north
Has thanked: 757 times
Been thanked: 1717 times

Re: Schedule changes and additions

Unread post by HJK 414 »

Flaps Up1 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:33 pm
HJK 414 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:56 pm

Which other one Dean ?

Ulendo airline ?
That would have him flying Caravan's.
He probably wants to fly big tin.

JK
Unless you being tongue in cheek, this statement makes no sense.

No,

Unless I missed the point by a mile ...... :wink:

The poster 343 is in Malawi and I read his post as him being concerned about Air Malawi (Malawian Airlines nowadays) not being able to "grow", due multiple carriers servicing Malawi. Hence no possibility to enter the airline program there due no growth of that airline.

Dean suggested - "try the other airlines ......."

Hence my remark etc ......
No other big tin operators there

JK
These users thanked the author HJK 414 for the post:
EDP
Flaps Up1
Airspeed active
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:58 pm
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 108 times

Re: Schedule changes and additions

Unread post by Flaps Up1 »

HJK 414 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:32 pm
Flaps Up1 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:33 pm
HJK 414 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:56 pm

Which other one Dean ?

Ulendo airline ?
That would have him flying Caravan's.
He probably wants to fly big tin.

JK
Unless you being tongue in cheek, this statement makes no sense.

No,

Unless I missed the point by a mile ...... :wink:

The poster 343 is in Malawi and I read his post as him being concerned about Air Malawi (Malawian Airlines nowadays) not being able to "grow", due multiple carriers servicing Malawi. Hence no possibility to enter the airline program there due no growth of that airline.

Dean suggested - "try the other airlines ......."

Hence my remark etc ......
No other big tin operators there

JK

My bad and my apologies, I assumed the gent was South African and speaking of the ghostly springbok that haunts our skies. Apologies to 343 as well.
These users thanked the author Flaps Up1 for the post:
EDP
SERTAO
Engine Started
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:03 am
Closest Airfield: VIRGINIA
Location: DURBAN
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Schedule changes and additions

Unread post by SERTAO »

I read Cathay has applied for a 1 weekly HKG/DUR direct (Saturdays). Would be interesting to see if that ever comes off.
twr1
Straight and Level
Posts: 547
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:19 pm
Closest Airfield: no where near
Location: south africa
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Schedule changes and additions

Unread post by twr1 »

SERTAO wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:55 am I read Cathay has applied for a 1 weekly HKG/DUR direct (Saturdays). Would be interesting to see if that ever comes off.
https://www.news24.com/fin24/companies/ ... a-20230625

Also
https://www.travelnews.co.za/article/mo ... europe-mru
northerndbn
Lining Up
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:54 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Schedule changes and additions

Unread post by northerndbn »

twr1 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:13 am
SERTAO wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:55 am I read Cathay has applied for a 1 weekly HKG/DUR direct (Saturdays). Would be interesting to see if that ever comes off.
https://www.news24.com/fin24/companies/ ... a-20230625

Also
https://www.travelnews.co.za/article/mo ... europe-mru
Now that's a surprising one
User avatar
Airplaneguy9
Power on stall
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:08 pm
Closest Airfield: Cape Town Airport
Location: Cape Town
Has thanked: 114 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: Schedule changes and additions

Unread post by Airplaneguy9 »

SAA TIMETABLE FOR BRAZIL FLIGHTS

From Cape Town
SA226 CPT 1255 GRU 1635 A343
SA227 GRU 1805 CPT 0640 A343
BEGINS 31OCT23

From Johannesburg
SA222 JNB 1120 GRU 1615 A343
SA223 GRU 1745 JNB 0745 A343
BEGINS 06NOV23
Clear prop!
airbusa346
Airborne from Unmanned field
Posts: 505
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:30 am
Closest Airfield: ZBAA
Location: Beijing
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Schedule changes and additions

Unread post by airbusa346 »

What happened to Air Portugal launching Cape Town? Is it still in the pipeline? In 2021 the plan was to launch flights in November, https://clubtravelcorporate.co.za/tap-a ... th-a-bang/
northerndbn
Lining Up
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:54 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Schedule changes and additions

Unread post by northerndbn »

airbusa346 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:42 pm What happened to Air Portugal launching Cape Town? Is it still in the pipeline? In 2021 the plan was to launch flights in November, https://clubtravelcorporate.co.za/tap-a ... th-a-bang/
No longer seems on their plans
grjplanes
Frequent AvComer
Posts: 995
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:17 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: Schedule changes and additions

Unread post by grjplanes »

FlySafair new routes:
Regional from beginning October:
JNB-HRE daily
JNB-VFA 3 weekly
JNB-LVI 4 weekly
JNB-MPM 4 weekly

Also getting back on CPT-GRJ from 8 September, 3 weekly.

FlyCemAir new routes:
DUR-GRJ started end of June, 2 weekly initially
JNB-VFA started 9 August, started 4 weekly initially, set to increase to 6 weekly from October
JNB-Kasane, starts 16 Sept, 2 weekly

Also showing "coming soon" CPT-GRJ... as well as JNB-HRE, JNB-LVI and resuming JNB-LAD?
African Flyer
1k poster
1k poster
Posts: 1727
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:55 pm
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Has thanked: 193 times
Been thanked: 80 times

Re: Schedule changes and additions

Unread post by African Flyer »

grjplanes wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:22 pm FlySafair new routes:
Regional from beginning October:
JNB-HRE daily
JNB-VFA 3 weekly
JNB-LVI 4 weekly
JNB-MPM 4 weekly

Also getting back on CPT-GRJ from 8 September, 3 weekly.

FlyCemAir new routes:
DUR-GRJ started end of June, 2 weekly initially
JNB-VFA started 9 August, started 4 weekly initially, set to increase to 6 weekly from October
JNB-Kasane, starts 16 Sept, 2 weekly

Also showing "coming soon" CPT-GRJ... as well as JNB-HRE, JNB-LVI and resuming JNB-LAD?
With the addition of these 2, is the JNB - VFA route not too crowded now? Or are all the airlines having full aircraft on their flights?
Positive rate! :D
northerndbn
Lining Up
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:54 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Schedule changes and additions

Unread post by northerndbn »

Yeah Livingston and Victoria falls feels like too much is coming on just from Joburg. Trying to squeeze reach other out... Some casualties to come
airbusa346
Airborne from Unmanned field
Posts: 505
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:30 am
Closest Airfield: ZBAA
Location: Beijing
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Schedule changes and additions

Unread post by airbusa346 »

Qantas to send their A380's to Johannesburg next year, https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... QJapdqEbvU
GLF4
Frequent AvComer
Posts: 993
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 158 times

Re: Schedule changes and additions

Unread post by GLF4 »

Saudia back to JNB from December https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/230823-svdec23jnb
grjplanes
Frequent AvComer
Posts: 995
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:17 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: Schedule changes and additions

Unread post by grjplanes »

northerndbn wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:22 pm Yeah Livingston and Victoria falls feels like too much is coming on just from Joburg. Trying to squeeze reach other out... Some casualties to come
I travelled on JNB-VFA last week on the new CemAir services and both directions it was about 75% full, this being the first few flights for them. At the same time there was SAA, Airlink and FastJet services which seemed pretty much full. VFA airport is quite busy at a certain time of the day. I was astonished with the amount of tourists visiting the Falls and surrounds. At the same time there was also Eurowings Discover with A330 and Ethiopian with 787-9 operating.
It looks like CemAir is actually increasing to 6 weekly from next week already, while looking at FlySafair's pricing having already making good gains upwards on both VFA and LVI routes, still 5 weeks ahead of launch after only opening recently. FastJet also maintains 3 daily flights on the route, Airlink using the E195 more often.
Besides JNB there is a few others catering more for the high-end tourist market, which seems to be doing great: FastJet currently operates daily MQP-VFA, while Airlink also maintains E190 on CPT-VFA route, instead of mix with ERJ. Kenya Airways also increased from 2 to 3 weekly on CPT-VFA, while maintaining 2 weekly CPT-LVI. Airlink to split service from MQP, to do 4 weekly MQP-LVI and 3 weekly MQP-VFA ensuring daily service from MQP.
CemAir still shows LVI "coming soon", put this could be either them or ProFlight. Zambia Airways has also applied for LVI-JNB rights.

On related side-note: FastJet announced today to increase JNB-Bulawayo also to double-daily service from 30 Oct.
These users thanked the author grjplanes for the post (total 3):
Ray WAfrican FlyerGL
African Flyer
1k poster
1k poster
Posts: 1727
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:55 pm
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Has thanked: 193 times
Been thanked: 80 times

Re: Schedule changes and additions

Unread post by African Flyer »

grjplanes wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:37 pm
northerndbn wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:22 pm Yeah Livingston and Victoria falls feels like too much is coming on just from Joburg. Trying to squeeze reach other out... Some casualties to come
I travelled on JNB-VFA last week on the new CemAir services and both directions it was about 75% full, this being the first few flights for them. At the same time there was SAA, Airlink and FastJet services which seemed pretty much full. VFA airport is quite busy at a certain time of the day. I was astonished with the amount of tourists visiting the Falls and surrounds. At the same time there was also Eurowings Discover with A330 and Ethiopian with 787-9 operating.
It looks like CemAir is actually increasing to 6 weekly from next week already, while looking at FlySafair's pricing having already making good gains upwards on both VFA and LVI routes, still 5 weeks ahead of launch after only opening recently. FastJet also maintains 3 daily flights on the route, Airlink using the E195 more often.
Besides JNB there is a few others catering more for the high-end tourist market, which seems to be doing great: FastJet currently operates daily MQP-VFA, while Airlink also maintains E190 on CPT-VFA route, instead of mix with ERJ. Kenya Airways also increased from 2 to 3 weekly on CPT-VFA, while maintaining 2 weekly CPT-LVI. Airlink to split service from MQP, to do 4 weekly MQP-LVI and 3 weekly MQP-VFA ensuring daily service from MQP.
CemAir still shows LVI "coming soon", put this could be either them or ProFlight. Zambia Airways has also applied for LVI-JNB rights.

On related side-note: FastJet announced today to increase JNB-Bulawayo also to double-daily service from 30 Oct.
I guess we'll see how long they can all profitably keep flying the routes for
Positive rate! :D

Return to “Airline Chatter”