We have introduced Topic Prefixes into the Classified Sections. When posting an item into any of these areas, you will notice an additional field at the top of the posting box. Please select one of the options when posting. We also request that sellers come back and edit their post once item is sold using the same field to indicate that the item is no longer available. (Click on the X in top right corner of this box to dismiss this announcement)

Scammer

Your good and bad experiences with online community trading.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please follow the posting template where applicable. It is also fair that you send a link to the other party to give them the right to respond to the post. NB: Keep it factual and at all costs avoid placing yourself in a position where you give cause for a defamation case to be brought against you Read this: http://avcom.co.za/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=202352. Personal attacks, name calling etc will be deleted. Basically - use this resource responsibly.
Alpha1
Engine Cranking
Closest Airfield: Alphaville-Hluhluwe
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Scammer

Unread post by Alpha1 »

Item Name:scammed
Description:scammed
Condition:
Reason for sale:Be aware of Flyingdutchman77 scammer
Shipping:
Price:
Payment methods: EFT, Cash, No e-Wallet
Pictures:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martyn
Fuelling up
Closest Airfield: FAGC [Eagles or Fly-inn]

Re: Scammer

Unread post by Martyn »

Hi Pierre,

Please post this scammers telephone number here (and the name he goes by as well as the location he said he is at).
I've been contacted privately by a guy which also looked like a scam, so I've walked away. (If number is the same, I will post the guys' name here as well to try hand help others be warned.
Alpha1
Engine Cranking
Closest Airfield: Alphaville-Hluhluwe
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Alpha1 »

This scammer name he used is Jacques Celliers and his tel number is 0843877559. he banks at Capitech.
Martyn
Fuelling up
Closest Airfield: FAGC [Eagles or Fly-inn]

Unread post by Martyn »

Jip, thats the exact same guy that tried to scam me!

To me he said he lives in P.E.
His "truecaller" name matched the one of "Jacque Cilliers"
His profile pic on whatsapp(which has since been deleted) is a modified photo of the "REAL" Jacques Cillier (ie. The CEO of FNB). When I asked him if he is "that" Jacques, he laughed and said no no...he is not, but many people mistake him for that. Lastly when I asked him for a bank acc, it was a Capitec Account 20039570103.

Hope this helps other people to avoid being scammed.
Screenshot_20220919-120611_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20220919-120619_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20221005-131146_WhatsApp.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Induna
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: FASD

Unread post by Induna »

Pay and clear is a dead giveaway of a scammer.. They are always pushed for time and demand immediate payments. The moment someone asks me for an immediate payment, whether he is legit or not, can shove the items where the sun don't shine..
Jacques van der Westhuizen
ZS-WSW | Sonerai 2L
ZU-FBA | Sonex Aircraft Waiex

Return to “Trader Watch”