We have introduced Topic Prefixes into the Classified Sections. When posting an item into any of these areas, you will notice an additional field at the top of the posting box. Please select one of the options when posting. We also request that sellers come back and edit their post once item is sold using the same field to indicate that the item is no longer available. (Click on the X in top right corner of this box to dismiss this announcement)

Scammer alert

Your good and bad experiences with online community trading.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please follow the posting template where applicable. It is also fair that you send a link to the other party to give them the right to respond to the post. NB: Keep it factual and at all costs avoid placing yourself in a position where you give cause for a defamation case to be brought against you Read this: http://avcom.co.za/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=202352. Personal attacks, name calling etc will be deleted. Basically - use this resource responsibly.
Kevern Brown
Post Take off checks

Scammer alert

Unread post by Kevern Brown »

Be careful of a chap called Barend, he also uses a name of a game lodge in the Freestate as his heading. He sent me generic pics of a prop from the web, he then said he is in Jeffries bay. My Boet lives there, I said I’ll send my Boet to view. He suddenly lived in Port Alfred, I said I’ll send a mechanic from 43 to view the prop. It was then that he disappeared. All numbers off.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ijacobs3
Power off Glide

Re: Scammer alert

Unread post by ijacobs3 »

had a few one post wonders reach out to me when i tried selling a drone , the one even sent a badly faked capitec pop :lol:
attaltitude
Take off Clearance

Re: Scammer alert

Unread post by attaltitude »

Same Scammer as mentioned in post below of Stefan , his Wapp message style was same sent to me

Watch out for APJ DU Preez , AKA Chris 076 290 8748 - references Port Alfred airfield and known people in the industry from Port Alfred as reference

Return to “Trader Watch”