Ryanair Roadshow: CPT and JNB

Discussions pertaining to Airline operations,safety and training for Flight Deck Crew. Open to anyone who would like to learn all aspects of the Airline industry from a pilots perspective.

Moderator: Moderators

ARM505
Taxiing to Clubhouse

Ryanair Roadshow: CPT and JNB

Unread post by ARM505 »

Dunno if this relevant or has been posted before, but here we are:

"We are delighted to inform you that we will be holding a series of Direct Entry Pilot Roadshows in South Africa next week, further info can be found below

17th April – Cape Town – 10:30

19th April – Johannesburg – 09:30 & 13:00 – Please only attend one roadshow

This is a great opportunity to learn more about Ryanair, our fantastic roster pattern, excellent salary and unrivalled career progression for both ICAO and EASA licence holders.

More info can be found by searching ‘South Africa’ on careers.ryanair.com. Please feel free to share with any friends or colleagues who may be interested. I have also attached info on our Engineering roadshows for you to share with any colleagues too.

Look forward to meeting you next week and discussing your new potential career in Europe!!!"

Given how few ATP's South Africa really needs, the fragility of the airline scene, combined with the.....well, let's just say 'poor' *cough* abysmal *cough* T&C's on offer, I'm sure there's a few who'd like to know.
Springbok006
Power off Glide
Closest Airfield: FAGC

Re: Ryanair Roadshow: CPT and JNB

Unread post by Springbok006 »

So for this roadshow I see you are required to rehiater/apply/send your cv?

How do these roadshows work? I see there is also a Cathay Pacific roadshow coming up.

Just some presentations, Q&A? Or are there ever any future interviews offered on the spot?
ARM505
Taxiing to Clubhouse

Unread post by ARM505 »

Cape Town:

https://careers.ryanair.com/search/#job/3639A33ACB

Jhb:

https://careers.ryanair.com/search/#job/F19F20CED2

Now you know as much as I do - doesn't look like you need to either register on their website, or register for the roadshow - I only gave it a quick read, but it looks like you can just rock up.

And it's not like they need a lot of hours either:

"B737 300-900 Rated Captains:

Minimum 3,500 hours total flying time.
Minimum of 2,000 hours on a Multi-crew, Multi-engine aircraft weighing in excess of 30,000kg MTOW with an established airline, cargo operator, private operator or military transport.
Minimum of 800 hours Pilot in Command (PIC) on a Multi-crew, Multi-engine jet aircraft weighing in excess of 30,000kg. (No PIC hours on Turboprop aircraft shall be considered).
Minimum 500 hours PIC on the B737-300 to 900 series
Applicant must have the B737 300-900 type rating listed on licence (current or expired)
Must have operated on B737 300-900 as Commander within the 36 months prior to the course start date

Non Rated Captains:

Minimum 3,500 hours total flying time
Minimum of 2,000 hours on a Multi-crew, Multi-engine Jet aircraft weighing in excess of 30,000kg MTOW with an established airline, cargo operator or Military transport.
Minimum of 800 hours Pilot in Command (PIC) on a Multi-crew, Multi-engine jet aircraft weighing in excess of 30,000kg.

First Officers:

Rated - EASA Licence Holders- Min of 1200 flight hours & 800 on B737 Type
Rated - ICAO Licence Holders - Min of 1500 flight hours & 800 on B737 Type - Must hold ATPL prior to course start date
Non Rated FOs- Must hold full EASA/ICAO licence or a minimum of 1500 hours"

With "Possibility of visa sponsorship" (ie. you don't need the right to live/work in the UK)

I've got no/very limited experience of roadshows, but open ones like this normally might take down details after or during the event I think. In any case, if you're interested you can just apply online anyway.
propjob
Pre-take off checks
Closest Airfield: Wonderboom
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by propjob »

Wow, looks like there may be a mass exodus from SA??
At last it looks like jet airline pilots are the flavour of the month.😁😁😁
propjob
Pre-take off checks
Closest Airfield: Wonderboom
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by propjob »

Any feed back from the roadshow this morning. Curious to know if turbo prop pilots were there?
I have right of abode in the UK, but don’t have an EASA licence, only a SA ATP, with a B200/1900 type rating, so
not sure if that’s any use to get anywhere.😆😆
Ray W
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: OR Tambo

Unread post by Ray W »

propjob wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:02 pm Any feed back from the roadshow this morning. Curious to know if turbo prop pilots were there?
I have right of abode in the UK, but don’t have an EASA licence, only a SA ATP, with a B200/1900 type rating, so
I doubt if any Turbo Prop pilots would be accepted as the advert clearly says B737 experience is necessary.
Old age & treachery will triumph over youth & skill
Incher
Take off Clearance

Unread post by Incher »

Ray W wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:56 am
propjob wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:02 pm Any feed back from the roadshow this morning. Curious to know if turbo prop pilots were there?
I doubt if any Turbo Prop pilots would be accepted as the advert clearly says B737 experience is necessary.
Actually they are looking at non type rated pilots as well. You'll need a minimum of 500 hours of twin turbine multi-crew time. In addition to a full ICAO ATP.
Just having those ratings will mean squat to them. But if you had the 500 hours, flown with a PART-135 operator that has a proper multi-crew SOP and operation then you'll have a chance.

Make an application and see what happens.
ATPL
Class two test pilot.
CRM and DG current

C 150
Jabi
PA18
PA28 -140
PA28 - 236
PA23-250
B190

Return to “Airline Chatter”