We have introduced Topic Prefixes into the Classified Sections. When posting an item into any of these areas, you will notice an additional field at the top of the posting box. Please select one of the options when posting. We also request that sellers come back and edit their post once item is sold using the same field to indicate that the item is no longer available. (Click on the X in top right corner of this box to dismiss this announcement)

Scammer alert

Your good and bad experiences with online community trading.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please follow the posting template where applicable. It is also fair that you send a link to the other party to give them the right to respond to the post. NB: Keep it factual and at all costs avoid placing yourself in a position where you give cause for a defamation case to be brought against you Read this: http://avcom.co.za/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=202352. Personal attacks, name calling etc will be deleted. Basically - use this resource responsibly.
Kevern Brown
Post Take off checks

Scammer alert

Unread post by Kevern Brown »

I’m looking for RV10 wingtips, a chap by the name of Erasmus tried to scam me on a set of Ziptips. Same chap who tried to scam me on a propellor for a radial. They always seem to be in Jeffries bay and surrounds. When you agree to view they change locations and disappear. Always urgent and seem to always want money without viewing.
andrem
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: FAPX and FYSM

Re: Scammer alert

Unread post by andrem »

Kevern Brown wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:29 pm I’m looking for RV10 wingtips, a chap by the name of Erasmus tried to scam me on a set of Ziptips. Same chap who tried to scam me on a propellor for a radial. They always seem to be in Jeffries bay and surrounds. When you agree to view they change locations and disappear. Always urgent and seem to always want money without viewing.
Eish.
JBay GA community is small and we all know each other - please reach out to me, ACE, Chalkie, Russel if you want to check someone's pedigree in Jeffreys Bay area.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Roosta
Mags Dead Cut
Closest Airfield: Eagles Creek

Unread post by Roosta »

Kevern Brown wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:29 pm I’m looking for RV10 wingtips, a chap by the name of Erasmus tried to scam me on a set of Ziptips. Same chap who tried to scam me on a propellor for a radial. They always seem to be in Jeffries bay and surrounds. When you agree to view they change locations and disappear. Always urgent and seem to always want money without viewing.
Next time, just say that you are from JBay and come collect :D
Grumman Traveler - ZS SWX
Marc G
Climbing Out

Unread post by Marc G »

Hi All,

Scammer is active. Tried to sell me a transponder... Great deal. Luckily it sounded too good to be true, so I asked for a video with him showing me the unit. Even made me a video (dubbed his voice over an Aussie YouTube of the Microair transponder). Looked edited, so I did some searching and found the link he used.

Screenshot of guy - 'Erasmusbk'. Is there a way of reporting him?

Cheers,

Marc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Trader Watch”