We have introduced Topic Prefixes into the Classified Sections. When posting an item into any of these areas, you will notice an additional field at the top of the posting box. Please select one of the options when posting. We also request that sellers come back and edit their post once item is sold using the same field to indicate that the item is no longer available. (Click on the X in top right corner of this box to dismiss this announcement)

Scammer alert

Your good and bad experiences with online community trading.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please follow the posting template where applicable. It is also fair that you send a link to the other party to give them the right to respond to the post. NB: Keep it factual and at all costs avoid placing yourself in a position where you give cause for a defamation case to be brought against you Read this: http://avcom.co.za/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=202352. Personal attacks, name calling etc will be deleted. Basically - use this resource responsibly.
boobi
Forgot to remove the chocks!
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Has thanked: 0

Scammer alert

Unread post by boobi »

I advertised looking for sennheiser headsets, he did make contact with me on WhatsApp saying he has HMEC 26 with pictures and he is in Plettenberg Bay, the arrangement was I would pay half of the prize and other half when I receive it at postnet in Centurion, since the payment no contact further not answering calls etc.
He goes by A. Van rooyen, please be carefull of this guy.
Attached a screenshot with his contact details.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ugly Duckling
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: Brakpan Benoni FABB

Re: Scammer alert

Unread post by Ugly Duckling »

Rule number 1
Do not make a deal if he is not a member of Avcom. [-X
Paul Sabatier
Long time Cygnet builder
The object is to fly, it does not matter what the object is!
boobi

Unread post by boobi »

That I have realized now, he got my number on avcom🤷it's just to give the other members a heads up of this oak.
But he will be judged one day
HJK 414
8000 Tousand
8000 Tousand
Closest Airfield: ALC

Unread post by HJK 414 »

boobi wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:04 am That I have realized now, he got my number on avcom🤷it's just to give the other members a heads up of this oak.
But he will be judged one day
Well,

Not very smart on your behalf was it ?
There are many Avcommers down in that area - you could have asked someone to verify before sending him money

JK
boobi

Unread post by boobi »

Well I don't know any as I am not constant on avcom and know who is who en where they live, instead of taking me on, rather say thank you I am warning others.
RCM
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: Zyn Kraal

Unread post by RCM »

boobi wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:01 pm Well I don't know any as I am not constant on avcom and know who is who en where they live, instead of taking me on, rather say thank you I am warning others.
=D>
HJK 414
8000 Tousand
8000 Tousand

Unread post by HJK 414 »

boobi wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:01 pm Well I don't know any as I am not constant on avcom and know who is who en where they live, instead of taking me on, rather say thank you I am warning others.
I was not "taking you on"
Yet you seem to know exactly how to make a post to warn others ...(Which you don't know either)....therefore ...had you done the same asking for confirmation or verification of seller....someone in the area would have reacted...

JK
boobi

Unread post by boobi »

You know what, I tried making a good thing of warning people against this person, but it seems you don't think they way I do,everyone can make a mistake or trust a person, but seems you have never made a mistake so in future maybe I must ask you for assistance.
Rotor kop
8000 Tousand
8000 Tousand
Closest Airfield: OR Thambo

Unread post by Rotor kop »

Thank you for the warning. Unfortunately even Avcommers can be dishonest. I have bought many items on here from members. A lot of items where bought "like new" or "used twice" , but what a joke. Often i received items that either just don't work or are so used that one has to wonder if the seller meant "two uses left"... :evil: so just be aware there are many forms of scammers....those that lie about condition and those that don't even have the item. Either way you loose.
To fly is Heavenly, but to HOVER is Divine
I'm not driving fast - i'm flying low
HJK 414
8000 Tousand
8000 Tousand

Unread post by HJK 414 »

boobi wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:57 pm You know what, I tried making a good thing of warning people against this person, but it seems you don't think they way I do,everyone can make a mistake or trust a person, but seems you have never made a mistake so in future maybe I must ask you for assistance.
You did good thing .....

And just ask - always perepared to help ....... :wink:

JK
Marc G
Climbing Out

Unread post by Marc G »

Hi all,

Same guy tried to scam me. He contacted me on Avcom first with name Erasmusbk claiming to have a Microair Transponder that I was looking for. Then sent me a WhatsApp (074 621 2485) and claimed to be Neil Thomas. He sent me a few pictures of a Microair unboxed. I then asked him for a price and a video chat to confirm it was legit. The banking details he sent were edited, and the name was for Mr AN van Rooyen. He delayed the video chat until the next day (it was late, so I thought he might be in bed).

He then sent me a video the next afternoon with his voice showing a Microair Transponder. The video looked suspicious (as did the bank details), so I googled Microair, and low and behold... An Aussie YouTube review of the Microair with same video.

Screenshot attached.

I didn't know how to report this a#*hole.

Be careful.

Cheers

Marc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
V5 - LEO
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Closest Airfield: FYWH

Unread post by V5 - LEO »

......SO FOKKER - this is the kind of guy that needs to get m@ered by Werner from Klerksdorp!!
In God I trust. The masses are never right, the minority are sometimes right, but the truth is always right.
“One good teacher in a lifetime may sometimes change a delinquent into a solid citizen.” — Philip Wylie
Rotor kop
8000 Tousand
8000 Tousand
Closest Airfield: OR Thambo

Unread post by Rotor kop »

V5 - LEO wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:30 pm ......SO FOKKER - this is the kind of guy that needs to get m@ered by Werner from Klerksdorp!!
And RotorKop from Brakpan :twisted:
To fly is Heavenly, but to HOVER is Divine
I'm not driving fast - i'm flying low
V5 - LEO
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Closest Airfield: FYWH

Unread post by V5 - LEO »

Rotor kop wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:10 pm
V5 - LEO wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:30 pm ......SO FOKKER - this is the kind of guy that needs to get m@ered by Werner from Klerksdorp!!
And RotorKop from Brakpan :twisted:
...🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
In God I trust. The masses are never right, the minority are sometimes right, but the truth is always right.
“One good teacher in a lifetime may sometimes change a delinquent into a solid citizen.” — Philip Wylie
Jayson v Schalkwyk
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: Himeville

Unread post by Jayson v Schalkwyk »

Gents,

I wad recently on a different forum website based in SA and saw what I think is a good idea related to the classified section.

On said forum, you are not allowed to post in the classifies untill you have made at least 50 posts across the forum.

This is the type of thing that could be developed here on avcom, maybe increase the number of posts to 100 before said .ember can post an advert.
Jayson van Schalkwyk

Owner - Berg Aero Works
Proud dealer of Stewart Systems covering and paint products
https://www.facebook.com/BergAeroWorks/

A pilot's professionalism is judged by how he flies when nobody is looking

Return to “Trader Watch”