ZSGHY Salto H101

An informal register and background to South African aircraft. Please take the time to read the 'Before you post', or your entry could be deleted.

Moderator: Moderators

Salto
Airborne from Unmanned field
Has thanked: 0

ZSGHY Salto H101

Unread post by Salto »

Salto H101
Built 1972 by Start & Flug
Weight empty 180kg
MTOW 310kg
MTOW aerobatic 280kg
Fully aerobatic G-limits +7.5 and - 5.5
Vne 280kph

Glide ratio 34:1 at 90 kph
Wing loading 36-29 kg/m2
Wingspan 13.6m
Wortmann aerofoil

This is the only one in SA and was imported from Namibia in '92.
The pic was taken after I went farming at Dealsville near Bloem. during the 2006 Nationals.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Everytime you go flying, try and learn something new. You are never too old or experienced to learn new things.
Andrew Bester
Marius Schrenk
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: 300m from home

Re: ZSGHY Salto H101

Unread post by Marius Schrenk »

Biofeul "mielies"
Politics attracts crooks and lawyers,most of the time its the same person.
Salto
Airborne from Unmanned field
Has thanked: 0

Re: ZSGHY Salto H101

Unread post by Salto »

Had major drama with the farmer re his "mielies". :(( The dude demanded R1000 to get my plane out, for damages. As the plane stands there, not a single plant was damaged yet. Mielies at that stage costed around 20c per plant everything included but excluding harvesting. At worst we damaged about 5 plants getting it out, of which three were still ok and would still yield a crop. I was very happy to pay him R1 for damages and give him a klap for rudeness.
He ran off to go and fine another pilot who went farming nearby and we left right after he did. We were 3 planes in the one field. :D Hence the photo name of 'Dealesville International'. :lol:

This was the first time I ever encountered hostile people after landing in their fields. :( I have been farming with gliders since 1981. This is not a planned event, but an emergency. :? Most farmers are lekker people and always very helpfull and friendly. :D
Everytime you go flying, try and learn something new. You are never too old or experienced to learn new things.
Andrew Bester

Return to “Our Register”