ZUJSC Robin HR.200

An informal register and background to South African aircraft. Please take the time to read the 'Before you post', or your entry could be deleted.

Moderator: Moderators

Callsign_Venom
FREDA checks
Closest Airfield: AFB Ysterplaat
Has thanked: 0

ZUJSC Robin HR.200

Unread post by Callsign_Venom »

Aircraft: Robin HR.200
ZU-JSC

Does anyone have any data on this bird :?: Can't find much :smt017
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dewald Hoffmann: @DewaldHoff
Live each day as if you have never been where you're going, and love your loved ones as if you'll never see them again.
http://imbongi.wix.com/home
Lood
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Closest Airfield: FAHV

Re: ZUJSC Robin HR.200

Unread post by Lood »

I don't have any info on this on in particular, but I owned ZS-JHF, a Robin HR100-210. They were made in France and are still very popular in Europe. Mine was a 4 seater with a 210hp Continental IO360. It was a lovely airplane with huge load carrying capability and it was reasonably fast. It compared very well with a C182 in terms of speed and load, but cabin space is rather tight.
The factory went bankrupt, however and was taken over by the Alpha Aviation clan from New Zealand - sort of. Look at the Alpha 160i and you'll see the similarities. Spares, certified AMO's and rated instructors are very hard to find, if not impossible though.
"An airplane might disappoint any pilot, but it'll never surprise a good one." — Len Morgan

Return to “Our Register”